Blueberry Mint Tart

Blueberry and Mint Tart {by Icing-Sugar.net}

I am completely in tart making mood lately. Can you blame me with all those amazing summer berries around? Last week I showed you my Redcurrant Tart in my brand new rectangular tart tin. I was so in love with my new tin that I immediately made two tart versions. Initially I planned to show you the second version now, but than this Blueberry and Mint Tart hit Instagram and it got even more likes than my Redcurrant Tart. I was quite surprised and decided to show you my Blueberry and Mint Tart now instead.

Blueberry and Mint Tart {by Icing-Sugar.net}

Truth be spoken, it was anyway our favorite tart of all the tarts I made so far (and I made a lot, expect a few more summer tarts coming along ;)). My boyfriend took half of the tart to work and it was a huge hit. People told me it was the best thing I’ve ever baked for them. So I just couldn’t hold back and hope that you will love it as much.

Blueberry and Mint Tart {by Icing-Sugar.net}

The tart filling is rather sweet due to the white chocolate, but at the same time it is refreshing because there is mint and blueberries. A perfect balance between sweet and fresh. If you prefer it more fresh you can easily add more mint, I used eight mint leaves. If you like it less sweet, cut down the amount of white chocolate and instead add more Creme Fraiche, although it might not set so much. The tart is best enjoyed chilled from the fridge.

Have a nice Weekend!

Blueberry Mint Tart

Cook Time: 25 minutes

Yield: 1 Tart (26 cm)

A sweet but at the same time refreshing Blueberry and Mint Tart, with a white chocolate and fresh mint filling. Enjoy it chilled from the fridge!

Ingredients

• 6-8 Mint Leafs
  • For the Topping:
  • 350g Blueberries

Instructions

For the Pastry:
  1. Start by sifting the flour and icing sugar together in a bowl
  2. Add the cubes of cold butter and either by hand or using a kitchen machine quickly knead in the butter until you get small crumbles
  3. Add the water and lemon juice and quickly bring the dough together, don't overwork it!
  4. Wrap it in clingfilm and chill it for one hour in the fridge
  5. Butter and flour a tart form.
  6. Flour your working surface and roll out the pastry. Add it to the tart form and prick some holes into the bottom with a fork.
  7. Add parchment paper on top of the pastry and weight it down by using some baking beans or rice.
  8. Bake the tart for 20 minutes at 200°c (180°C fan), remove the paper and bake for another 5 minutes.
  9. Let it cool completely on a wire rack,
  10. The White Chocolate Cream:
  11. Chop the chocolate finely and add it to a heat proof bowl. Boil some water and add the bowl over it and melt the chocolate au bain-marie over medium heat.
  12. Let the chocolate cool down a little.
  13. In the meantime whip the cream and chop the mint leafs finely.
  14. Mi together the mint, whipped cream and creme fraiche and add it to the cooled melted white chocolate.
  15. Pour the cream into the cooled tart shell and add the washed blueberries on top.
  16. Finish with some mint leafs on top.
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin

{ 16 comments… add one }

• Lisa {Sweet 2 Eat Baking} June 29, 2014, 5:44 pm

Blueberry OCD – I love how these blueberries are so precisely organised. The white chocolate cream sounds divine, and loving the addition of mint too. Yum!

• Rebecca June 29, 2014, 7:06 pm

hahaha, I was actually thinking whether I should organize them or just throw them on it ;) my boyfriend wanted it to be organized ;) and the mint was still lying around and was begging to be used :D so in it went :)

• Bernice June 30, 2014, 5:12 am

wow! very nice tart…so perfect. I think I know what I’ll be making next. I wonder if my daughter (who thinks she doesn’t like blueberries) will have a slice? I’m thinking yes!

• Rebecca June 30, 2014, 9:32 am

thank you so much Bernice :) let me know how it turns out and is your daughter likes it :D I just cant imagine someone not liking blueberries ;)

• Anett June 30, 2014, 6:20 pm

Das sieht umwerfend aus :) das Rezept für die creme werde ich mir mal merken :) ich liebe weisse schoki :)

• Rebecca June 30, 2014, 6:30 pm

Vielen lieben Dank Anett :D Wenn du weisse Schoki liebst dann is das wirklich genau das richtige Rezept für dich ;) mit der creme fraiche kann man ja spielen, denke dass frischkäse oder rahm auch geht :D
      LG

• Anett July 1, 2014, 4:26 pm

Ich werde es mal probieren wie es dasteht :) werd ich wohl mal Himbeeren pflücken gehen ;) das passt bestimmt auch super zusammen :D

• Rebecca July 1, 2014, 6:07 pm

mach das und lass mich wissen wie er dir geschmeckt hat ;) himbeeren passen sicher auch super! :D

• Lucy @SupergoldenBakes July 1, 2014, 9:52 am

Hi Rebecca,

What an absolutely gorgeous tart! The colour is just amazing and I love the idea of a white chocolate filling with the tart/sweet blueberries. Your photos are gorgeous and so glad to have discovered your blog. Thank you for linking to #CookBlogShare
    Take a look at the other entries on the Pinterest board http://www.pinterest.com/supergolden88/cookblogshare/
    And find me on Google+ as well https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/107696809290414888934

• Rebecca July 1, 2014, 12:56 pm

Hello Lucy, thanks so much for all your kind attention to my tart :) I am feeling really happy about it! I am happy I linked my tart to #CookBlogShare, I follow your blog for quite a while now ;) I have added you to my Google + if I did it correctly (just opened it and still have to figure it out!)
      Take care and thanks again!

• Sarah July 2, 2014, 7:03 am

Wow, das sieht wirklich großartig aus!
    Blaubeeren gehen bei mir sowieso immer!

• Rebecca July 2, 2014, 3:23 pm

Lieben Dank Sarah :) Blaubeeren gehen bei mir auch immer :D Meine absoluten Lieblingsbeeren ;)

• Laura July 7, 2014, 4:28 pm

This looks gorgeous and nice and light for a summer pudding. I can pretty much guarantee the filling wouldn’t be too sweet for me – it sounds divine just as it is. Gorgeous photos too =)

• Rebecca July 8, 2014, 11:57 am

Thank you so much Laura :) I am happy you like it, if you try it let me know ;)
      take care!

• Ronja July 18, 2014, 7:58 pm

Dankeschön, die Backform ist gar keine richtige Backform, sondern das Unterteil eines Riesenmuffins, wie dieser hier: https://www.trendaffe.de/gesamtkatalog/backform-riesen-cupcake/a-5394/?ReferrerID=7&gclid=CIikiczSz78CFehj7AodhDkA8A ;-)
    Lg Ronja